As we get ready to open the doors of our new location, we want to introduce you to our new doctor and cosmetic dermatology expert!
Dr. Marian Northington is joining our team of expert dermatologists and heading up our new location in Birmingham – Aesthetic Dermatology.
In addition to general dermatological needs, Aesthetic Dermatology specializes in providing cutting-edge cosmetic treatments that help you look your best with minimal invasiveness.
Q&A with Dr. Northington of Aesthetic Dermatology:
1. We’re excited about your new practice! How can patients make an appointment at Aesthetic Dermatology?
Thank you, I’m excited too! Aesthetic Dermatology opens on Monday, April 4th and you can give us a call at 205-588-7000 to make an appointment.
2. Where were you working before Aesthetic Dermatology?
After my cosmetic fellowship in San Diego, I joined the distinguished faculty at UAB where I was the Director of Cosmetic Dermatology for the past 10 years.
3. What types of cosmetic treatments and procedures will be available at Aesthetic Dermatology?
We offer a wide range of cosmetic procedures to help keep your skin looking and feeling fantastic!
- If wrinkles are your concern, relaxants like Botox, Dysport and Xeomin “relax” the muscles in your face and prevent the skin from creasing.
- If you want to address sagging and volume loss, fillers give your face natural, youthful-looking contours.
- Facials and chemical peels are excellent options for people of all ages who want to clean out their pores and exfoliate their skin.
- Microneedling procedures are all the rage in Hollywood – for good reason! This procedure rejuvenates your skin by stimulating collagen production, helping to fade acne scars and fine lines.
- Most people are surprised to learn that dermatologists provide liposuction services, and they’re delighted they don’t have to visit a plastic surgeon! We use the tumescent liposuction technique, which permanently eliminates unwanted pockets of fat while improving body contour.
- Laser procedures have revolutionized modern dermatology, giving us ways to minimize pores, treat skin conditions like rosacea and acne, and visibly diminish the different signs of aging. We offer the latest and greatest in laser technology, including patient favorites like Ultherapy, Fraxel, and VBeam.
4. What are some of the biggest trends you are seeing in dermatology and skin care today?
Non-stop innovation! This is a very exciting industry to be in, since we’re constantly seeing new technology come out that can give people increasingly beautiful, natural results with less and less invasiveness.
Many of the treatments we offer are so quick and easy that you can come in and get them over your lunch break!
5. What are some of your favorite skin care brands and products that you recommend to patients?
- EltaMD: My favorite sun care brand, this skin care line offers sunscreen products that have all the ingredients I recommend to my patients for adequate sun protection (like zinc oxide), and none of the ones I tell them to avoid (like parabens).
- SkinCeuticals: A favorite among dermatologists, this skin care line has a reputation for producing research-driven products that get real results. They sell a wide range of products for different skin types and ages, including all the skin care staples that should be a part of everyone’s daily routine, like face cleanser and a topical antioxidant.
6. What do you love the most about your profession?
I love my patients and the continuity of care! It’s wonderful to be a part of my patients’ experience as they get great results on the outside, and you see that increased confidence that radiates out from the inside.
7. What big events do you have coming up at Aesthetic Dermatology?
We’re excited for our Grand Opening Celebration on May 12th! The event will take place at our office from 12 – 8pm, we’ll be offering drinks, hors d’oeuvres, a raffle, gift bags, and more goodies.
We’ll also be offering free 1-on-1 cosmetic consults later this month – stay tuned on social media for updates on events, promotions, and more fun stuff happening in April!